Saturday, March 12

Visual Arts Class

As I shared with you all earlier in the week, my son and mum are in Japan (In Tokyo yesterday) at the moment. The earthquake has been a very scary experience, had me freaking out there for a while but I'm very happy to say that my son and mum are safe.


I wanted to share with you all what I've been doing in my Visual Arts Class. 

Yesterday in class we spent the day drawing and painting apples. Mind you I have only been using charcoal. I'm a very precise, neat, clean artist. So I find the messiness of charcoal hard to deal with mentally (even though I understand how to use it), it drives me crazy but I really want to be able to because I love the look of charcoal drawings. There are 9 of us in the class and it has been wonderful to watch everyone's process and results. I'm very slow, I like to take my time, part of the precise part of my nature I guess. Do a bit, step back and assess, do a bit more. Yesterday I got 3 of my 6 needed drawings done. Here is two of my favourites.


This was my second drawing today and I'm pretty happy with the result but there are some areas that I want to do a little bit more work on.

So after sitting there and munching down on one of my apples, this was my 3rd drawing. I really like the way this turned out. 

So this weekend and next week I will be working on the other pictures that I need to get done and then cropping out parts of my drawings that I like the composition. From these croppings I will be picking one to paint in the style of Matisse on a very large scale. Which more than just a little bit scary.

So stay tuned for some more pics.


3 comments:

Gillian said...

So glad to hear your son and mum are safe Jessica x

Wonderful drawings!

Isabelle said...

Jess, I have been worried about you and your mum and son....Soooo relieved to hear they are safe.

I didn't see the finished drawings and I am glad you posted them here. LOVE them!!

See you soon!
Isabelle

bedroom decor said...

Hey
Imagination In Flight
Excellent publish, I wish to thank you for this informative read. Keep up your work thank youuuu