Saturday, September 19

Handmade Christmas Pledge Weekly Update

I have been very slack on the Christmas front this week. Unfortunately I have not made any progress on making my decorations or present. Oooops. But I have been on the search for presents for my son and family which I thought that I would share with you.

I have an 11 year old son, so sometimes finding handmade gifts can be hard but there is one way that you can fit within the rules that I set for myself and still get my son the gift he would love .... Craft Kits.

Here's what my son loves.

Dion is obsessed with origami at the moment and I have found a number of kits using the the search "Origami Kits"


So Dion is a very creative kid and has already learnt how to crochet and hand sew, this Christmas Holidays he wants to learn how to sew using the sewing machine. I found the following kits during my travels through Etsy.
 




For All of the parents out there that are looking for stocking stuffers here's a couple my son would love.






BYO Triceratops - Deluxe Kit by kfarrell who also sell great belt buckles.



For some reason my son loves Lip Balm, what better way than to make it yourself and get it in a great flavour.





I have also come across these great presents.



Despite my son's age quite often I find soaked toy cars sitting next to the bath tub after he has had his bath. Think this might be a better option.





Dion already has Pirate Faces around his window, thought that this would be great addition.

Every year I like to get some back to school items for Christmas. I found this great way to still do this and have it be unique to my son. This great Lunch bag Kit is great, it comes with everything you need except the exterior material. So i can go out with my son and he can pick out something no other child will have.



I came across this Cheese Kit that will make a great gift for somebody in the family (Cant say who in case they read the blog). I am even think I will have to get one for myself. My mum used to make goats cheese when we lived on the farm, so this will be a great way for me share that with my son over the school holidays.




Ok, one last one just for me. I couldn't resist. This Bag is great.


*****************************************************************************************************

These are only some of the great things I have found so far. Next week I promise to have some of my projects done so I can show you all.


No comments: